One of my favourite places to shop in India is at Anokhi. On my last trip I took these photos in the Fort Cochin Anokhi store. As you can see it was jammed packed with delightful things to buy.
Anokhi uses vegetable dyes, wood-block printed onto the finest of cottons. Some of the wonderful things you will find in their stores are:
- Men’s kurta tops and long trousers.
- A stunning range of women’s fashion.
- Cute pyjamas and dressing gowns.
- Divine quilts, tablecloths and napkins.
- Lovely gift items such as small quilted purses, hankies, scarves and bags.
- A small selection of unique jewellery.
I always recommend people who are travelling to India for the first time to wait until they arrive in India to purchase their clothes to wear in India. You can buy comfortable outfits perfectly suited to the Indian culture and climate at a fraction of what you would pay back home.
Anokhi can be found in :
KOCHI, FORT COCHIN
Do look them up when next in India. You will leave the store with your purse a little lighter but with an eye-catching outfit that will keep you smiling all day.